THE BEATLES & LIVERPOOL

One of the first places to see when you get there is The Cavern Club which was made famous in the 60’s by the Beatles playing there.  I was expecting a bar but this place is amazing as it is under ground with brick walls and arches everywhere.  This is the same stage that the beatles played on.

They have musicians playing and singing Beatles tunes all the time and they are so good.  Tribute bands play once a month for something different.  Such a stimulating place and so relaxed with people dancing where ever or if you want to wander round there is information about the club and beatles all over the walls and even their guitars on show.  I loved it and if you have never been to Liverpool then you really must go.
Outside the club you have the bronze statue of Cilla Black who was also a true Liverpudlian, never losing her accent and such a lovely person.  Singing from the same time as the Beatles she went on to become a show host of the well-known Blind Date and Surprise-Surprise on television but I think her first love was singing.
DSCF3065
If you are a dedicated Beatles fan you can go on the Magical Mystery Tour exploring The Beatles Liverpool with such places like, Penny Lane, Strawberry Field, their homes and schools.  I am sure you would be over loaded with everything Beatles but what an amazing tour.
img_2898
There are many statues of famous people all over the town and as you can see a pint is very cheap.
DSCF3096

1. 17th May 2017 / 4:10 am

It is one of my dreams to visit Liverpool! So glad I came across your post, I will have to take note of these adventures when I do visit there one day. Love the photos – especially of The Cavern Club! Cheers!

• 17th May 2017 / 9:13 am

I am sure you will love it, so much to see there. The Cavern club is a special place, hope you get there soon. Thank you for reading x

2. 17th April 2017 / 5:42 pm

I’ve lived here since 2009 and I’ve never done any of the things you did in this post, apart from photograph the statue of The Beatles, and that was this year! Great photos 🙂

• 17th April 2017 / 5:43 pm

Hi Jenny, I sent you messages here and fb to try and meet up with you. I thought you must of been a bit low or something xx

• 17th April 2017 / 5:45 pm

Sorry Karen, I didn’t see any comments on here and I don’t really use Facebook so I had no idea! I hope you had a fab time here, I loved all of your pics xx

• 17th April 2017 / 5:48 pm

That’s a shame but I will be coming again so I will try harder next time. Xx

• 17th April 2017 / 5:49 pm

That sounds like a lovely idea! I am using my blog regularly now so hopefully I won’t miss you next time xx

• 17th April 2017 / 5:50 pm

I’m sure you will come across all my messages one day lol 😂 xx

• 17th April 2017 / 5:51 pm

They’re probably all delayed somewhere and then one day all these messages will flood in! 🙂 xx

3. 6th April 2017 / 6:26 pm

I know the original Cavern burned down and they rebuilt it. But it sounds like they were able to save some of the artifacts from it, such as the stage?? I just finished Mark Lewisohn’s great biography of the Beatles. It’s a great read not just about the four lads, but also Liverpool in the late 50’s and early 60’s. Great post, wonderful pictures! – Marty

• 7th April 2017 / 9:33 am

How interesting, I didn’t know about the fire I must have missed that as I’m sure it would be on the walls somewhere. I will look out for that book, thank you x

• 7th April 2017 / 11:01 am

I stand corrected! Not a fire, but it was filled in for a massive transportation project in the seventies. It was eventually resurrected using much of the same building materials. Sorry for misleading!

• 7th April 2017 / 12:13 pm

Oh still amazing that I didn’t see anything but there was a lot to read there all over the walls.