THE DREAMERS 30th JUNE – 11th JULY 2015 ST. JAMES THEATRE, LONDON

This musical premiered at The Assembly Halls in Tunbridge Wells, Kent and proved to be very popular with young and old last year.  Set in 1915 about a war hero called Captain David ‘Reggie’ Salomons, showing his true story about leading his regiment to Gallipoli.

This is an emotional tale that will bring you tears of joy and happiness.  The twenty young men and women deliver a brilliant performance of bravery and heroism.

A six piece band called the ‘Virgin Soldiers’ make the musical come alive.  Captain ‘Reggie Salomons gets his men ready for battle but has a lot of trouble with a soldier called Jack Hastings and then the soldier tries to rile up the men.

Soldiers and families left behind, boys wanting to join the army, this musical includes it all as it happens in the outbreak of the first world war.

The Dreamers, with on-screen narration from Amanda Redman, Phillip Glenister and Tim Rice debuts in London in the year that commemorates 100 years since the Battle of Gallipoli

Runner Bean Productions presents The Dreamers.

Book your place to see this amazing historical musical that will have you on your feet what-ever your age.

The Dreamers

St. James Theatre, Westminster

Dates:  30 June – 11 July (evenings at 7.30pm/matinees at 2.30pm on Thursday & Saturday of each week)

Prices:  Premium – £35 / Band A – £29.50 / Band B – £24.50 / Band C – £15 (£3 off for Senior Citizens/Children/Students, except for Premium seats)

Seats can be booked on the theatre website: http://www.stjamestheatre.co.uk/theatre/the-dreamers/ or by calling the Box Office:  0844 264 2140

Show trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rhnShcymTc

The Dreamers Anthem:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6-Cbv2u9Ro

Show website:  http://www.thedreamersuk.com/

Photographs from Linda Blacker.

Sent from Windows Mail

1. 19th May 2015 / 4:55 pm

Too true, even blogging is done on smart phones now. Except for me i`m still stuck with my laptop as it`s easier and larger.

• 21st May 2015 / 8:16 am

I use my iPad a lot for blogging. X

• 21st May 2015 / 4:42 pm

I find everything too small on my galaxy and usually press the wrong button and send half a blog 🙂

• 21st May 2015 / 6:41 pm

My glasses make everything bigger for me lol it’s not nice this getting old though xx

• 22nd May 2015 / 9:23 am

Sometimes your answers only show up on my email, I think there is another bug in my computer. You mentioned about glasses, that`s a sore point here , if anything is not done right my wife says maybe you`ve got the wrong glasses on 🙂

• 23rd May 2015 / 12:55 pm

Lol that made me laugh. I was taking pictures yesterday of the plants and I told Corinne that they were all blurry, she said no there not its your eyes! Xx

• 24th May 2015 / 11:53 am

The thing about photos not being in focus rings a loud bell, we had a good laugh at it because i have the same problem. I find the best way is to enlarge them on my computer, then it`s easy to see any focus problems on a bigger screen. 😉

• 24th May 2015 / 2:05 pm

The older you get the bigger you need it lol x

2. 17th May 2015 / 1:50 pm

Unfortunately we would all like things to slow down a bit , so we can slowly get used to the changes. i don`t feel so bad as i have been doing computing since the 70`s when I worked in the lab for Plessey. The thing then was the computers the size of the room and were programed in languages that are no longer used.

• 18th May 2015 / 3:55 pm

Let’s hope parenting does not get too slack and gadgets take over the lives of children. Xx

• 18th May 2015 / 5:37 pm

yes, it seems that way but unfortunately we don`t have a say in matter. 😉

3. 14th May 2015 / 12:56 pm

I used to hear all the Gallipoli stories from my grandfather when he was alive. He could remember all the signals sent from his ship to the Trafalgar and Crocodile but I never checked as they were so interesting. The picture of Reggie looks quite stern. I hope you enjoyed the show.

• 14th May 2015 / 9:14 pm

Thank you, I think the old stories are the best. There is so much to learn from our past but the youngsters are just zooming forward lol x

• 15th May 2015 / 9:19 am

It may be my age but I think the youngsters miss out on a lot, just like I did when I was young. If we could live it over again I don`t think anything would change though, we all have to learn about life as we live it. 🙂

• 17th May 2015 / 11:49 am

Yes, very true but sometimes I think it’s all changing too quick x